Information for Parents - Coronavirus (COVID-19)
In recent weeks and months, it has been heartening to have seen so many examples of kindness and optimism of the Salopian spirit. Pupils, parents, staff, and governors have shown adaptability and steadiness.
Summer Term 2020
On the 18th March the Prime Minister announced that all schools, including independent schools, in England were to close (except for looking after the children of keyworkers and vulnerable children) from Friday 20th March.
The School has launched a planned programme of remote learning for Summer Term 2020. Please follow this link to view our Programme of Learning for Summer Term 2020 – A Virtual Shrewsbury Education
The school is also available to look after the children of critical workers. If children can stay safely at home, they should, to limit the chance of the virus spreading.
The Secretary of State for Education announced that public examinations will not go ahead as scheduled this term. Ofqual have subsequently asked schools to submit Centre Assessed Grades to Examinations Boards this summer.
Information regarding this process has been sent directly to all Salopian parents on 30th April 2020. If you have any questions relating to this information please contact Deputy Head Academic, Maurice Walters at email@example.com
Ofqual have issued strict instructions that this process is confidential. For obvious reasons, we cannot at any stage discuss the evidence base, or grades themselves, with pupils or parents.
If you need further information, please direct your enquiries in the following manner:
- Housemasters and Housemistresses should be the first point of contact for all general questions and enquiries.
- International families with particular questions may contact the Second Master, Mike Tonks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions relating to academic continuity and teaching and learning should be directed to the Deputy Head Academic, Maurice Walters at email@example.com
- Concerns of a medical nature can be sent to the Deputy Head Pastoral, Anna Peak at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trips, visits and the broader co-curriculum are managed by the Deputy Head Co-Curricular and he can be contacted at email@example.com
The situation remains a challenging and dynamic one that we are reviewing daily. The wellbeing of all members of the school community remains our priority and we will keep staff, parents and pupils updated on a regular basis.
We ask all parents refer to this page on our website in the first instance for current information and follow the advice posted here.
We are very grateful indeed for the patient support of all parents at this time.
Information for Visitors to Shrewsbury School
As per Government guidance the Shrewsbury School site is now closed to all public visitors.
Please note: The information provided on this webpage is reviewed regularly but links to other websites are updated frequently and may be subject to change.