This is a highlight of the athletics year for Shropshire Schools and offers the opportunity for great competition. It was a very successful afternoon with numerous medals won by the 53 who attended. If an athlete performs well, either by achieving a qualifying time/distance or finishing 1st , they are selected to represent Shropshire at the Mason Trophy on Saturday 18th June. This event is normally held in Birmingham, but due to preparation for the Commonwealth Games, this year it is being held at Northwood Stadium, Stoke on Trent.
A record number of 10 Shrewsbury Athletes gained selection:
- Dele S (Ch, III) - Long Jump
- Harry P-M (I, IV) -1500m
- Sophia C (MSH, IV) - 800m
- Jack K (PH, IV) - 800m
- Johnnie T (Ch, III) - 1500m
- Maggie C (M, IV) - Long Jump & High Jump
- Archie P-S (Rb, IV) - 3000m
- Massimo W (PH, IV) -1500m S/C & Triple Jump
- Daniel O (Rt, IV) - Long Jump & 100m
- Ethan P (R, III) - High Jump
Sophie C and Ellie L
Good Luck tomorrow!
On Saturday 11th June two of our athletes, Iris D (G, LVI) and Jack K (PH, IV) raced at the Watford BMC (British Milers Club) and exclusive club for athletes who obtained a certain time.
- Iris had an outstanding race and pushed the pace - she was selected for the women's 800m A race and finished in a time of 2.05.33. She already has the World Juniors Qualifying Time - an excellent race!
- Jack competed in the Men's 800m F Race and finished 1st in a time of 1.51.72 - so close to the European Qualifying Standard! Jack made a tactical move in the last 300m to win the race - an excellent performance. Looking at the results this puts Jack 17th in the World U18 Rankings and 6th in the Europeans! Considering Jack is only 15 this is outstanding.
Master I/C Athletics