SENIOR TECHNICIAN (Theatre & Events)
Competitive salary and terms & conditions
An exciting and rewarding opportunity exists for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Technician to join our Theatre and Events Department.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for all technical areas within Shrewsbury School’s ‘Ashton Theatre’ and other school venues. You will work closely with the Director of Drama to agree programmes of works and overall policies for the provision of technical support and equipment and the day to day running of the School Theatre. You will support the Events Manager in providing technical support across the School including assemblies, lectures, concerts, house events and chapel service.
You will have at least two year’s professional experience working in Technical Theatre, Stage Management, Theatre Design or Drama. You will possess excellent project management skills, with the ability to influence and persuade across a varied stakeholder group. You must be able to offer flexibility to working hours as there will be a requirement to work evenings and/or weekends.
Essentially you will have experience of:
- Project management to meet strict deadlines.
- Working in a multi-tasking environment including building maintenance.
- Managing and developing internal and external relationships with key stakeholders.
- Setting up and rigging of scenery, stage decking systems and operation of theatrical lighting equipment.
- Working safely and confidently at heights.
- Security requirements within a technical environment.
We can offer a competitive salary package to include childcare vouchers, pension and Life Insurance. This is a full-time position working all year round. Full details can be found in the job description.
Closing date for applications: Friday 5 January 2018, 12 noon
First Interviews: 11 January 2018
Second Interviews: 16 January 2018
To apply please complete and submit an appliacation form. All documents needed to apply can be found below:
- Job Description and Person Specification
- Guidance Notes
- Application Form (word document) or (pdf document)
Alternatively, please contact Natasha Davies, HR Co-ordinator on (01743) 280 834 or email email@example.com
Applicants will undergo thorough child protection screening including checks with the Disclosure & Barring Service.