Pastoral Care at Shrewsbury extends outside of the House into our wider community.
We have an enormous range of pastoral initiatives running within the School to help pupils to understand their place in the world. These are overseen by our dedicated Director of Welfare, who works closely with the Deputy Head (Pastoral), safeguarding leads and the House staff to ensure the provision in school mirrors what the pupils are experiencing in their everyday lives.
- peer and staff listening services
- staff and pupil Mindfulness training
- a full curriculum provision of PSD (Personal and Social Development) throughout the School
- lectures, awareness weeks/ days
- visiting speakers
- and House visits and workshops.